Wednesday, January 16, 2008

If a Tree Falls...

You know the old saying, "If a tree falls in the woods and no one is there to hear it, did it really make a sound?" Well I can tell you that when a tree cracks and then falls on your roof the sound is VERY LOUD. Monday morning Sean was outside shoveling the driveway and I was inside getting ready to take him to the train when I heard a loud crack and then what sounded like, well a tree falling on my house. I ran to thet back window and sure enough, a major branch on one of our trees had broken and fallen on the roof. Sean came in and we inspected the rest of the tree. There was another, much taller branch with that was just as thick as the one that broke, looming over the house. Sean decided to take the day off work so we could cut it down before it fell and did damage. So we spent Monday in the snow cutting down most of the tree and then cleaning up the yard. Even with all the work we had to do, it was really fun having Sean home an extra day and spending time together.
The tree on our house
Sean in the tree cutting down the rest of it before it fell as well
The clean up. I was the one using the sawsall most the time and Sean was dragging the heavy branches. He was doing it here so I could snap pictures.

2 comments:

Rick said...

You guys should have called us to help! Well...the next time a tree falls on your house in the middle of a snow storm and they happen to cancel my work...make sure you call me to help out.

-Rick

Michelle said...

So glad that you were able to take care of it before there was damage to your roof or, worse, to you or your family! You have such a good attitude about getting this taken care of! My take might have been a little more grumble, grumble it's cold, this isn't what I planned for today, I'm pregnant--you are a trooper!