I flew to California to attend the wedding of my little sister Leanna. It was a whirlwind trip but was really nice. I have 6 siblings and this is the first time we've all been together at the same time in 8 years. It was great to catch up and see our kids play together. I did Leanna's hair and Kristin did her make-up. She looked beautiful. This was my first venture on a long trip with both kids without Sean. On the way there I had a layover in Nashville and then Las Vegas before finally reaching Sacramento and getting in the car for a 2 1/2 hour ride to Redding. It was a long day, but both kids did great. I stocked the carry on with tons of snacks and books and new toys from the dollar rack at Target. I'm proud to say Sara only watched the DVD player for about 20 minutes...she kept herself pretty busy all day. On the way home we had a layover in Chicago and everything was going great, but when we arrived in Providence I discovered SouthWest had lost my stroller (they did this about a year and a half ago as well.) Not only did they lose my stroller, but they offered no assistance as I went through the terminal with heavy luggage, a baby in a car seat and a very groggy 3 year-old. They also don't let people with infants preboard....needless to say I will do everything I can to avoid SouthWest in the future. (They did eventually find my stroller and delivered it today.)

Both babies asleep on the plane at the same time.

Getting married

Leanna and Dan with her, kids Alex and Maya

A sibling shot with the newly weds...See I am the runt of the family. I share the spot with my oldest sister Elisa (on the end on the left)

Taking a break to eat some cookies
Here are 2 of my favorite pictures. I think they turned out really well for a point and shoot camera.

Leanna hiding before the wedding

First Dance

Matthew...the best dressed and cutest bachelor there.

The couple with all the cousins. Can you tell which 2 little girls live in a different time zone and haven't adjusted? Yes Sara is one of them. Look how tall Kolby is (he's the tallest kid there) he is only 8 years old. To gain perspective...the girl to the right of him in sunglasses is 2 months older than him...and is tall for her age.

Sara holding Matthew with her cousin Maya. (Sara is just 5 weeks older than Maya)
6 comments:
great job on your sister's hair! It looks beautiful! I love Matthew's outfit. What a stud. Where did you find it? I am so glad the kids were good on the plane. You are a brave brave woman.
I loved looking at all of these pictures, Jeni. It looks like you all had a great time, despite time zone changes and the lost stroller. I can't believe that you did it all by yourself. You go girl! Leanna looks very happy and it must have been so fun to hang out with all of your siblings. Say hello to them all from me. I love being able to keep up with them via your blog!
You are way brave, Jeni, traveling with Sara and Matthew by yourself! I look up to you!
I'm diggin' the lavender theme! Looks like fun (you know, minus the cross-country flight with two kids)!
You are my hero! I don't think I would even think about flying by myself with my 2 little ones.
You are one brave woman. I thought just Lena was tough. I'm glad that you made it alright and had a good time.
Post a Comment