Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Construction

Here's a sneak peek of the work we're doing in the basement. We're trying to get it ready for my sister Kristin and her family to move in. It's coming along...taking longer than we hoped for of course because Sean was also studying for one of the biggest exams of his career this week as well.
The basement before we moved in (the furniture didn't come with the house.)
Sara drawing on the wallboard. The squiggly lines next to the smiley faces are her list of rules for going downstairs...("you must always wear shoes when you come downstairs." "you can only write on the walls"...)
Sean and Rick putting in insulation in the ceiling.
Coming along...the spots in the picture are dust particles from sanding
Sean in a very precarious position painting textured paint on the ceiling of the stairwell.

7 comments:

mom2cherreys said...

If you need any extra hands I am volunteering my husband. He usually likes doing some re-model projects. Just letting you know!

Cherisa said...

Excellent work! I remember my parents doing basically the same thing in our basement when I was a child. They remodeled our old house until they sold it which was a lot of work but I did learn how to hang sheetrock when I was about 10!

Meredith said...

You're saints in every sense of the word!

Michelle said...

I am soo feeling this post with the dust particles falling as you snap the picture! We just finished our bonus room and I know how much work this takes. Good luck to you! I hope Kristen appreciates it when she arrives.

Jodi said...

Can I just say that that yellow furniture and the yellow trim in your before basement were totally awesome!?! I'm not usually so into wood paneling and totally dated styles, but that little flash back was totally wicked. Too bad that chair, lamp, and square TV weren't included with purchase.

Oh, and I guess remodeling for your family is pretty cool too. Just not as awesome as that chair. (kidding of course; that last little bit should be read with extreme sarcasm.)

bonny with a Y said...

i, personally, liked the furniture in the first pic - but hey.

love the project progress - can't wait to see how it turns out.

AZ Allreds said...

I want the torquoise chair! That is awesome...so are Kristin and Kyle moving over there?