Saturday, April 02, 2011

An Exotic Package

I went to the post office because we got a notice that we had a package to pick up. I went to the counter and the postal worker brought this box out and asked me what in the world it was. I told him I didn't know, but it was from a friend from Taiwan.



Sean had a classmate in grad school from Taiwan name Yi Ying. She went to Boston and did her residency with the same company Sean did. Yi is such a nice and amazing person. Her laugh is infectious and she's just so happy and bubbly all the time. Anyway, she got engaged and in Taiwanese culture the bride sends her friends and family cookies and cakes to announce her up coming wedding. We didn't expect to receive one since we are all the way over here in America.

Here's Sara holding one of the cookies

Sara was SO EXCITED to open this box. It was addressed to Sean so we waited until he got home to open it. The box has little drawers and each one is filled with delicious treats. As we opened the drawers Sara gave Sean a huge high five yelled out "We hit the JACK POT!!!!!" It was so awesome. We tried to recreate that reaction to get it on video and lets just say that Sara probably won't be an actress when she grows up. (thank goodness)

3 comments:

Maria Olsen said...

That is an awesome video!! I want to see the box, it looks cool from the pictures.

Jenna said...

Wow! That's amazing!

mom2cherreys said...

That is really neat. The video is just too cute! I like the idea of sending something like that to announce your engagement!