Her fever was back up to 104 and so they took her right in and started an IV and did some more blood work.
The next stop was the ultrasound. The test was inconclusive so they ordered a CT scan.
Which meant she had to drink a TON of this orange drink. Sara is not a soda/juice/gatorade person so this was a daunting task.
Grandma suggested that we ask the nurse for measuring cups and she'd pay Sara for every one she drank. It was a tortuous 2 and a half hours, but Grandma has to PAY UP because she choked down 27 of those things. :)
After the drink was finished we had to wait 2 hours for the scan. Sara's fever went back up and it was approaching 8:00. They gave her some more Tylenol and Sara said she wanted to take a nap. She had me snuggle her up and turn out the lights. I started to text Sean and Sara asked me what I was doing. I told her I was updating Daddy and she said
"Don't tell him how bad I am. Just tell him my fever is high again and I'll be well soon."
She smiled her sweet smile and went to sleep. And I waited for them to tell us it was time for the CT scan
That slumber only lasted a half an hour before the CT scan. She had some good company since no human could be in the room with her.
After the scan they admitted her to the hospital for kidney problems and said that she could eat for the 1st time that day. She was so excited. The cafeteria was closed so we raided the floor pantry. She was only able to eat the corn muffin before she fell asleep.
After a Not-So-Restful night (2 blood tests during the night) Sara woke up with a 104 fever again. The medicine worked quickly and she started on some homework.
Then we had some surprise visitors
Some friends from church came by
and even Fred the therapy dog came in to see Sara.
So now we just wait for more conclusive results. They said we'll be in here for at least 3 days
10 comments:
We hope she gets better soon, we'll keep her in our prayers.
So crummmmmmy! I wish I could do something.
Love you. Keep us posted.
Poor kid! Hope she gets well soon. What is she going to do with all the loot she made off of drinking the orange stuff? Buy something realllllly cool at Disney World?
Oh Sara you are one strong cookie. We are praying for you. I had to drink that same stuff and I think your Daddy might remember it. I bet you drank it faster then me plus I got no money from Grandma you lucky duck! We love you!
Wow Jeni. I am glad you are taking all these pictures. Give Sara a big hug! Good luck
Poor girl! I hope everything is alright. She is very brave.
Oh Jeni and Sean, I am thinking of you and your sweet girl. The pictures made me smile and cry at the same time. Good for her doing her homework! And that dog is the greatest!
Hang in there. Must be worried out of your mind. I hope you have a diagnosis and plan to get Sara well and home soon. Chris
Goodness. I can only imagine what you all are feeling. You've been keeping Sara so busy and happy through all of this. We are praying for her and wish we could be of more support, be strong and keep being a wonderful mother.
Post a Comment