Saturday, December 03, 2011

The REAL Santa Claus

In case you didn't know, all the Santa's in all the mall's are all just his helpers. The REAL Santa is in the New York City Macy's Store. We took a trip into the city to see the REAL Santa. The kids were so excited.

Here's Lily all ready to go

Lily and I waiting in line

The line at Macy's wraps around the bowels of the store. It took about an hour to get through, but they had elves along the way to sing songs and entertain the children. Here are the kids looking bored in the line.

Shortly after the "bored" photo we arrived at the beginning of Santa Land. The entrance is this train.

The kids get to ring the bell and then you go into the first box car and from there you enter Santa Land!

Santa Land is full of wonderful Christmas decorations and model trains.

Photo op in front of the singing bears

Then you go into a little room with Santa and he talks with you for a long time. This guy is the real deal.

Here he is telling the kids to remember to be good and listen to their parents.

Lily told him she wanted Minnie Mouse. Matthew wants a big boat or rocket his size.

Sara told him that she wanted an EZ Bake Oven for Christmas. Santa turned to me and said he thought remembered getting me one when I was a little girl. I didn't have the heart to tell him that he never came through with that in front of Sara. I'm glad I didn't because Sara is using that as evidence that he Really is the REAL Santa. How else would he have known what he got her mom or that we have a special plate to put cookies for him?

After seeing Santa we did the next most exciting thing in New York - RIDING THE SUBWAY!!!!!

We went to the Rockefeller Center and saw the huge Christmas Tree.

Last, but not least, we stopped at Times Square.

1 comment:

Maria Olsen said...

I love the real Santa Claus and NYC!!