Sean found a snapping turtle in the parking lot at his work today. There were no water sources nearby so Sean put the turtle in the trunk of his car to show the kids and find a good place to set him free.
He named him George and boy was George ferocious. I've never been close to a snapping turtle and I discovered that they are fierce and fast and they jump when they are snapping.
I don't know how Sean got him in the trunk, but he got a snow shovel from home to get him out and set him free. He scooped him up to keep him at a safe distance and we walked him down to the river near our house. Once George felt the damp soil he turn and bolted it to the water and swam away happily and we all bid George farewell.
 |
| Snapping at the shovel |
 |
| Our nervous kids |
 |
| George's leisurely ride to the stream |
1 comment:
he is pretty scary looking! who knew?
Post a Comment