Monday, January 13, 2014

The REAL reason I didn't keep up my blog last fall

Announcing an addition to the family...coming May 2014. I was REALLY sick with this pregnancy for the first 18 weeks. I thought I had been sick with my other kids, but it was NOTHING compared to this pregnancy. I tried everything I could think of to help the nausea, but ended up needing Zofran to stop me from throwing up constantly.

Needless to say, the blog suffered (along with cleaning the house, and laundry, and feeding the kids home made meals) because all I could do for over 3 months was lay on the couch.

At 14 weeks I went and got a 3D ultrasound to find out the sex of the baby because I wanted to have something more concrete to be excited about and try to get through being sick constantly. It was SO fun to see the baby in 3D. The kids went with me and it was fun to watch their reactions.  I am still amazed at what a tiny 14 week, 3" long baby looks like in 3D.




I'm now 23 weeks and feeling MUCH better.  We're so excited to welcome this little baby into our family.

6 comments:

Paul/Heather said...

AWESOME! Glad you survived those miserable weeks.

Unknown said...

So glad to hear of the new baby! Congratulations.

AZ Allreds said...

Yay for babies! Congrats! Sorry about the nasty sickness!

Maria Olsen said...

Congrats! I understand your pain about being sick, I was so sick with Thomas. So happy about your new addition, enjoy being pregnant and can't wait to see pictures!

Jared and Andrea said...

Glad you are feeling better. That is the worst. Another, girl! So exciting.

Kristin and Isaac Alldredge said...

Woohoooo!!! I am so excited for this baby!