Thursday, May 07, 2015

Eve turns 1

I can't believe Eve is 1. I see new little babies and I think, "I just did that, I just had a baby." But then I look at my baby and she is not new any more. I do not know where the time has gone. Eve has been such a wonderful addition to our family. Everyone loves her and she brightens every day.  We can't imagine a life without her.

For her birthday I made our traditional first birthday chocolate pudding cake.  Sara decorated it this year and there were A LOT of sprinkles.  I also like to give a box of tissues to one year olds.  Eve was just as thrilled as every other 1 year old I've given a box of tissues to.  The older kids were baffled and astonished that I just let her pull all of them out.  They kept trying to take the box from her and I had to remind them that it was her present and she was allowed to pull them all out and make a huge mess....that is, until she started eating them.

Eve LOVED pulling the tissues out of the box

And then she started eating them

Her other favorite birthday present

Cute birthday outfit from her grandma

Eve is my first baby who liked her first taste of sugar

It's been a great year

1 comment:

Jared and Andrea said...

She is so beautiful! I love that tissue idea. You have the best ideas. :)