Thursday, July 10, 2008
Free Freezer
Below is a great addition to our basement. I've been searching on Craigslist for months for a new free freezer. Finally I replied early enough to someone to get a responce and Sean and I went to pick it up. It was in someones basement, but usually Sean and I can handle just about any move ourselves. The lady said that the freezer worked, but was locked and couldn't get it unlocked. We figured Sean could just brake the lock and then we wouldn't use the lock anymore, but we'd have a freezer. The lady also said she knew there was a turkey in it. We get there and this thing weighs at least 300 pounds...maybe more. We tried everything we could think of to get it up the bulkhead stairs but we couldn't get it up at all. We thanked the lady for letting us try and were on our way out. She told us to wait and called her neighbor's son who called a college buddy and the 2 of them with Sean struggled, but managed to get this thing out. We took it home and let it sit outside for a day. After that Sean was able to get it open a litte...turns out it wasn't locked...it was frozen shut. It took 2 days for it to thaw being open outside...now we have a great working freezer for more food storage and things. I'm excited.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Ice anyone?
Sounds like the lady was even more determined to get rid of the freezer! What a great find. So when is the turkey dinner?
How funny! Glad you got your freezer!
that is something I would have assumed and so I would have sold it. :)
I am on the look out for another freezer. I hate missing sales on meet and veggies...and chocolate pies because we dont have room!
Love you
heather
Holy Iceberg, Batman! Seriously, how long did this lady go without getting into her freezer in the first place to let it frost over like that?!! Sounds like she should have gotten rid of it long ago {but for your sake of course we are glad she didn't} and how much electricity was wasted keeping it plugged in all that time...sheesh!
LOL -- make sure it doesn't freeze shut on you!
Post a Comment