We came back home to Boston and told the company we didn't want to move. Sean's company really wanted him to move and made an offer. We considered it and the offer combined with us finding housing cheaper than in Boston means that I don't have to work any more!!!!! So we accepted the offer and made the move.
The move went really smoothly. The kids loved staying in all the hotels as we got our house ready for the renters and made the move. On unloading day 15 people from church showed up to help and we unloaded everything in just over an hour. It was amazing.
The house we found to rent was a last minute Craigslist find that we saw on our way out of town on the house hunting trip. We were about to sign on a townhome, and I checked craigslist one more time. Our landlord's are our neighbors and have a huge garden that we get to take from whenever we'd like. They also have a Christmas tree farm and I'm hoping we'll get the family discount in December. :) We have an acre and a half and our other neighbor is going to plow up a section so I can have a garden. On top of all this it was less expensive then the town home. :)
7 comments:
Congrats on your big move! It sounds like it is going to be great for Sean's career and for you and the kids. Who would have thought you could live on an idyllic acre in New Jersey?
You survived!!!! I love the new blog. Enjoy your new adventure in New Jersey!!!
The house looks adorable! How nice to have room for the kids to run and the landlords next door. There are a certain type of people who like to live above or beside their landlords... And they're called responsible people who pay the rent! :)
We miss you guys but glad it ended up working out so well!
The new pic and layout is great!
Glad to hear things went well. Looks like a great place!
Congrats! What a change! I am glad you get to stay home! I hope you like NJ! It's cool that Sean's company wanted him to head this new office! Good luck!
Congrats on the move! You kids are so cute :) We love ABF - hope you had a good experience with them, too. Best of luck in settling in. You are the queen of finding good activities (free), back roads and good friends. Love from Atlanta!
We LOVE ABF. This is the 3rd time we've used them. We miss everyone in Atlanta...Sean is going down in October...I'm still rying to figure out if I can go too.
Post a Comment