Sunday, October 24, 2010

Settled

I had several requests to post pictures of our new home. We have been settled for a little while now, but that also means that nothing is clean at the same time. We hosted a youth fireside at our house last Sunday and so most of the house was clean and so I took the opportunity to take pictures.

This is the view from our front door. We turned the sun room into a toy room because no one, including us, uses our front door.

We have a big U driveway that wraps around the house and goes right past our back door so that's the one we use...not as open and light, but it does the job.

The back door leads into the dining room

and on the other side of that is our kitchen. Do you like the flowers? They are from my birthday. :)

From the dining room you walk into the living room which has enough room for our couches AND our love sack. We were very excited to take that out and actually use it...the kids were especially excited about all the jumping possibilities.

The living room view from the sun room

Our room (the one that didn't get all the way clean)

Our 2 closets - that's right 2

The bathroom

And the kids room. It's huge so all 3 fit in just fine. I think the space in the middle is as big as one of the rooms in my old house.

Another view - We had the shorter loft bed for Sara that was a hand me down from her uncle. Sean was in the process of building Matthew one when we found the bed and dresser side of the taller one. All Sean had to do was build the other side and the ladder and viola! It's nice because then the kids can put their "special" toys under there and have their own space. Because the other one ended up being so much taller we gave Matthew the shorter one and Sara got the new one.

Another nice feature of this room is the built in dresser that fits ALL the clothes for ALL 3 kids and it also has 2 closets. The other dressers in the room are actually empty because I haven't figured out what to put in them. Who has that problem? no one.

The house also has a full unfinished, but very clean, basement where the washer and dryer reside. And there is a laundry shoot in the bathroom that is the most convenient thing ever! The kids love picking up the dirty laundry because they get to throw it down the shoot. I think I posted a picture of the outside of the house in a previous post...you'll have to hunt if you want to see it. :) There's an oversized 2 car garage that Sean is using as a workshop...he has to clean one side out though because I'm hoping to park my car in it once the snow starts falling.

So that's it. We love it here!

6 comments:

Melonius said...

Looks like a great house. The vanity in the bathroom is gorgeous. Definitely an upgrade. :-)

Our Ohana said...

Love your new house! It looks like there is lots of room for your beautiful family! We did 3 kids in one room in Hawaii, but the room was a lot smaller (bunkbeds made that possible) so hopefully with such a big room the arrangement will be lots of fun for your kids! Have fun finding a use for the extra storage space!

Kristin and Isaac Alldredge said...

Your house is so great! I love all the space. How do the kiddos do together at night? Very very cool that you have extra space! What a fantastic problem to have!

Moshi said...

Wow, the house looks so nice. I'm so happy that you are all settled in. I love the kids' big bedroom, so much room to play, plus that nice playroom.

kristen said...

Ummm I will take your dresser problem please!

Jeni said...

Kristin - the kids do very well sharing. At first it was a little tough because the baby would wake them up, but now they just sleep right through her cries.