Monday, June 27, 2011

What we did While Sean was in Tonga

Thursday was the last day of school. Sara went home with a friend so she could attend her birthday party while I took Sean to the airport. The birthday was a spa day. and all the girls looked so adorable when I picked her up.

Saturday was trophy day and Sara got her first trophy. She was so proud.

Here she is with some of her team

Sunday I took the kids up to Massachusetts to spend time with Grandma and Grandpa.

On Tuesday we went to the beach for a playdate with old friends. I remember when Sara was 18 months old she hated getting dirty. Lily absolutely LOVED the sand. She was practically rolling in it.



After a day at the beach we went to have dinner with some friends we miss a lot.

Abz gave Sara a craft basket for her birthday and she's been playing with it non-stop ever since.

On Wednesday we took Abz and Narissa to the American Girl Place in Natick because they had never been...ok I'll be honest, it was because Sara's great-grandma loves that place and can't get enough. It was fun taking the girls who hadn't been before. I love watching their eyes light up as they enter doll Disney World.

Here's Lily feeding one of the dolls at lunch

Friday we got to see our cousins and go swimming

Here's Great Grandma showing the kids how to use a ribbon wand

Sara has been wanting lobster and clams for about a month and I kept telling her we would do it in Massachusetts with Grandpa because he loves clams and lobsters too. We finally got to do it on Friday.

Lily loves touching everything...here she is touching the lobster

Sara tentatively touched it and Matthew was totally grossed out.

After we cooked it all the feast began. Sara loved the clams

and the lobster

Matthew didn't care for the seafood, but he ate about 6 ears of corn

Lily's favorite part of the dinner was the ice cream sandwich

Saturday was Sean's Aunt Beth's birthday. She passed away in February, but would have been 32. We decided to put notes to Beth in balloons and let them go up to heaven so she could read them


Matthew was a little upset the balloons flew away

I love this picture of Sean's mom and grandma watching the balloons

6 comments:

Heather said...

Wow! Looks like you stayed busy and had lots of fun!!!

Kristin and Isaac Alldredge said...

The balloon idea is perfect. I love the picture of them all floating up to heaven. When we were little we would send balloons to my g-pa. But this looks almost like "UP" the movie!

Kristin and Isaac Alldredge said...

P.S Sara's clam face kills me! And...I really miss Nantasket beach. sigh. Wish we were there too!

Jenna said...

i'd say you guys had too much fun while dad was out!

Missletoe said...

We had the best week ever, just like the good old days. Come back soon and often!

Our Family said...

I love all the pictures, it sounds like you had a wonderful time with many great adventures!