Then we squeezed A LOT of lemons to make the lemonade and then sat on the corner to wait for customers
Here is Sara blowing a whistle to get the attention of the cars driving by. It worked because they made $11.00! Most people were very generous and paid a dollar for a cup instead of 25 cents
Armed with their stand earnings and the savings they'd been collecting over the year we headed to the town fair.
There was a car show there and Matthew picked this as his favorite car
Sara opted for the red convertable
Then we headed for the bounce houses.
I was surprized Matthew wanted to go on, but he had a great time in the dinosaur bounce house
and he loved the slide. Lily really wanted to go down as well and so Sean took her. She wasn't as thrilled the first time, but wanted to go on again and loved it after that.
Then we headed home, but the kids had to get a picture with this car and it's super tall trophy.
Matthew and Lily fell asleep on the way home and we put them to bed. Sara and I headed back to the fair for the fireworks. It was so fun having a little mommy/daughter date. Sara was in awe of the fireworks. I don't have any pictures though because our camera battery had died by then.
3 comments:
Look how big your babies are!!!
I miss you. You look happy and busy-life is good huh? :)
Nice lemonade stand! And a much more reasonable price than the stand I saw earlier today (50 cents for a dixie cup of lemonade?!?).
Wish we could have seen you over the weekend of the 4th. Please let me know the next time you're up and maybe we can do a grill thing in the yard with a few friends.
What a cool mom you are. I love that you took her back for fireworks! Thanks for all your advice this week. You are such a good friend!
Post a Comment