Kyla and me and the kids (yes I'm one of the shortest in my family)
The kids loved spending time with Aunt Kyla
and she even got a picture of me and kids. There was this enormous train in the train museum. Matthew was a little wary
Here he is telling me he prefers little trains
The kids sat in a real jet
and then tried not to get blown away in the wind room
Even Aunt Kyla tried her hand at seeing how wind effects wings
Sara loved having her Aunt show her how to do things. Here they are making whirligigs
In the electricity room Sara and Matthew learned how to complete a circuit
Then we moved on to paper making from recycled paper. First you scoop up some wet paper bits
then you sponge up some of the excess water
then you press it
and there you have it! All that's left is drying
Lily loved climbing through the giant veins in the heart section
Most of the time at the museum this is what Lily found the most amusing - running as fast as she could so that either I or Kyla would chase her
They had a huge model of the heart that you could walk through just as a red blood cell passes through a real heart. It takes you up and down and around all the chambers. The kids loved it. I think we went through 10 times!
Aunt Kyla also helped the kids with simple machines
We also went to the space section where Sara picked out her favorite space suit because it was "cool"
and Aunt Kyla helped Lily understand some complex space concepts.
We had such a fun time and we hope Aunt Kyla will visit again soon!
1 comment:
I had so much fun with you and I want to visit again soon! Thank you for a lovely morning!
Post a Comment