This is my dad's mother. She is an amazing lady with incredible stories. I spent all afternoon hearing about her travels and interesting things she's done in her life. She'll be 93 next month.
After spending time with my Grandma, my Uncle Dick and Aunt Donna picked me up and took me to a Mongolian BBQ place to have dinner with them and my cousin and his family. Dick and Donna are one of the cutest couples. They go ballroom or square dancing 1-2 times a week. My Uncle Dick opened my and Donna's door when we got to the car and when we arrived at the restaurant I got out of the car. I noticed Donna still sitting in the front seat. My Uncle walked around and opened the car door to let her out. I said "what a perfect gentleman" and he replied "and she's the perfect lady."
Here I am with my cousin and his beautiful family. It was so fun talking and catching up at dinner time. I haven't seen any of these guys in 3 years. The kids are so much older (well technically 3 years), but it was still crazy.
The next day I spent at Kristin's house. We didn't have to catch up too much, because we talk on the phone all the time. :) We did get ready for our BIG night out.
We were going to go out to eat, but we had eaten Cafe Rio for lunch and were just not hungry. Kristin had made some delicious bread and we made sandwiches at the hotel for dinner.
On our way to the theater we saw this red carpet and a lot of media people. We thought we'd stick around to see what we could see. They said it was for the Denver film festival and that George Clooney may show up. We had a great spot right next to the rope and we waited to see if he would show up. They announced the first person to go down the carpet. It was a director we had never heard of and she was interviewed at the beginning of the carpet. Then she made her way down and her guide told her she was supposed to stop at the x. (you can see it there on the carpet). The woman looked up and there was me and Kristin just smiling back at her. Kristen snapped a picture and then she moved down to the next x where all the media was. We felt so silly. Well, our play was about to start so we couldn't wait around for Mr. Clooney. I don't know if he ever showed up.
Off we went to see the Lion King in the next theater.
The Lion King was AMAZING. If you haven't seen it, you should make time to go.
3 comments:
Glad you had a wonderful weekend. What a great birthday present/trip. Way to go Sean!
YAY! Best Post Ever! I am actually working on mine right now. Pictures are downloaded. Maybe tomorrow it will be up? That was such a fun weekend. Thank you for coming, it was just exactly what I needed! Miss you!
That looks like a lot of fun. So glad you got to go.
Post a Comment