Monday, September 24, 2012

Mark Twain Figurines

Sean's Grandmother had these Mark Twain figures that she loved on her mantel for a long time. Several years ago they were put in boxes and stored for a long time and "lost". In April Sean's mom found the box and was excited to pull them out. When she unwrapped the figures she found that they were all broken. She gave them to Sean to see if he could fix them.

Sean worked for a long time on these - gluing, drilling, filling with epoxy to make them stronger, replastering, sanding, mixing paint to find the right color, and re painting them all.

He finished this summer and gave them back to her as a surprise. It was so fun to see her expression (of course I didn't have my camera ready) Now they're back on the mantel again where they belong.


The kids helping sand

painting

Sean and his Grandmother with the restored figurines

2 comments:

Ben Arkell said...

Dude, he's amazing. He can fix anything.

Mabe said...

Seriously those pictures don't even capture the before and after. It was an amazing amazing transition. It seems like all those hours of clay sculpting in his room really paid off! Way to go Sean. Between you and me I think they look even better than before!
Glad you posted this Jeni! I think I am now going to think twice about throwing broken things away haha I'll just hire Sean for surgery!