Saturday, March 07, 2015

Drama Club

4th grade is the year at school when the kids can sign up for clubs. Sara signed up for quite a few and she has enjoyed all of them. She signed up to be in the Stage Crew in Drama Club. The teacher in charge of drama club makes serious work of their production. They needed a lot of parent volunteers for supervising and make up and things.  It's hard for me to volunteer for things like that because of the baby and so I volunteered Sean to make a throne for the play.  I thought it was fitting since Sara was on Stage Crew.

 She's had to stay after school about once a week all year, but the 2 weeks prior to the play she had to stay after school each day and wear all black each day. Sara decided she doesn't have enough black clothes. I tried to explain to her that most people do not have enough black clothing to wear all black all week long without washing them. Thankfully the two weeks ended before she insisted on buying an entire black wardrobe.

 After many dress rehearsals they were ready to put on the play. They did 5 showings of the play. That's right....5. Serious business. The play was adorable. It was entitled "There's a monster at the end of this play" and was a compilation of a whole bunch of mini plays. It was fantastic.
Sara mid scene change

A sleeping King in the throne we built - It really sparkled under the lights

Take a bow


1 comment:

Jennifer's Kitchen said...

That is really cool!! I love the throne. And that second-to-last photo of Sarah... I love the emotion you captured. So exciting! I love theater. :)