Saturday, June 27, 2009

Sara's birthday

Sara's 4th birthday was on the 5th of this month. She REALLY wanted a Scooby-Doo marshmellow cake and I'd been wanting to take a cake decorating class for over a year. Finally a class schedule fit into my schedule and I was able to take a beginner's class just before. I had to make 11 colors of icing but I was quite proud of the end result. I woke her up and gave her some birthday necklaces and asked if she wanted to make some marshmellow pancakes (her invention) for her birthday breakfast. She didn't want to wear the necklaces and she only wanted an apple for breakfast. Later, she went to her great-grandma's and got a nice American Girl Doll kitchen for her new special doll and then we had a family party later that night. She had a great day.
Before
After
Giving Great-grandma a great big hug after opening her kitchen
Showing off her presents
pure excitement over 4 dollars she found in a card.
A new fish

3 comments:

Lisa and Daniel said...

Jeni,
Your cake looks AMAZING!! It looks like it took a long time to do, but I'm so impressed. Really though, you did a great, great job!! I'm so excited to see that you are having another baby, Congratulations. We should catch up sometime. I miss you!!

mom2cherreys said...

Great Job on the cake. I wish I had known you were doing it. I have that pan and all of the colors for the icing. I did that cake for Dominicks birthday 2 years ago.

Jen said...

awesome cake!!!! it looks like you guys really made her day.